Benefits for infants, babies and children include the following:
• Improves general well-being
• Improves overall functioning of the gastrointestinal tract
• Promotes relaxation and helps babies self-regulate calm, which reduces crying
• Helps to normalize muscle tone
• Improves circulation
• Enhances immune system function
• Improves midline orientation. By aligning to the midline you are promoting even development and functionality of the body.
• Helps to improve sensory and body awareness
• Enhances neurological development
• Helps baby/child to sleep deeper and more soundly
• Helps to increase oxygen and nutrient flow to cells. Improves respiration
• Helps to improve pain management; can relieve discomfort from teething,
• Helps with congestion, gas, and colic. Learn more about colic in babies here!
• Enhances release of hormones in the body. The growth hormone can be stimulated which helps weight gain.(which benefits premies)
• Reduces levels of cortisol, the stress hormone
• Stimulates all of the physiological systems. Massage sparks the neurons in their brains to grow and branch out to encompass other neurons.
Enhance your relationship with your baby with infant massage! The benefits are amazing!